Thursday, November 14, 2013

Gooooo, Luke!

I am thankful for Luke's sweet teacher who emailed me this today: "Luke was drawing on a marker board today and made a face independently! He then added the arms, legs, and hair with a verbal prompt, and we think he made ears. He knew where to put all the parts. No tactile or visual prompts given. We were very proud! He's doing well writing his name too!" 


Then, in a second email: "he got the idea to draw this from another child sitting across from him who was drawing a face. I didn't suggest to him what to draw, he observed what another child was doing and then he did it too! So happy!" 


Imitating a peer, drawing on his own, and following prompts? SCORE!!! I was grinning ear-to-ear and tearing up when I got the email and saw the sweet picture...



I LOVE MY BOY!!!! :D

No comments: