Saturday, December 27, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
- You should DEFINITELY not wait until December 23 to do this. We will definitely be ahead of the crowds next year.
- We will not EVER leave the other to do this alone. Watching solo parents try to corral 2+ kids was sobering and terrifying.
- The more that people that tell you how perfectly your child behaves during the two-plus hour wait, the more horrendously he'll behave once you get home.
- Always ask if part of the mall Santa experience includes fake snow. That way, you'll be prepared to play defense when fifty tons of fake snow topples onto your heads and into your bags. Oops.
We got in line at 12:20. By 1:00, we were #2... but Santa took his milk and cookie break until 2:oo p.m. Drat! Luke was a trooper though, as you shall see...
12:20 - Let's do this!1:20 - Still excited! A little waiting can't hold me down! 1:30 - Sleeping in heavenly peace... 1:56 - On deck! 2:05 - It's official...
We wish you all a Merry Christmas! More pictures to come in the next few days... or, perhaps more likely, within the next week.
8 TV Shows I Watch:
- Biggest Loser
- The Office
- Rock of Love Charm School (judge if you want. I realize that we all may look back and blame VH1 for the apocalypse, but if loving their shows is wrong, then I don't want to be right!)
- Mad Men (if crushes on TV shows were possible, I'd have a crush on this one. I cannot wait until it's back on!)
- Bravo (Top Chef, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Top Design... I loooove this channel.)
- Sonic (for vanilla Diet Cokes)
- Corner Bakery
- Uncle Julio's
- PF Changs
- Taco Cabana (there's a new one close-ish to our house. Their queso has already set me back at least a pound of lost baby weight.)
- Del Frisco's
- Johnny Carino's
- Chick-Fil-A (whatever. I'm not very fancy. I just like food.)
- Up at 6:30 a.m.
- Showered and dried my hair before Luke woke up
- Sterilized and filled 8 bottles
- Got Luke's medicine ready
- Fed Luke
- Played with Luke
- Got Luke to nap
- Checked email, read blogs... and here I am! : )
- Holiday celebrations over the next several days
- A more peaceful year in 2009
- Watching Luke grow
- Hearing Luke giggle again! (He has maybe twice in the past two days, and I'm just dying to hear him again!)
- Sleeping in... someday
- Another "just us" vacation with Jeremy - hopefully not too far away
- A return trip to London
- Luke's picture with Santa today... hope it is a good one! (Or at least a funny one)
- Continued health for my family
- Comfort and healing for those close to me who hurt
- The continued safety of our country and of our troops
- Many, many more years with my parents
- My wonderful, amazing, beautiful single girlfriends to find men they deserve
- Luke to get plenty of rest over the next few days so no one remembers him as a monster during his first Christmas ; )
- Safe travel during the holidays for all who are venturing out to see family
- To move in 2009
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Luke taking part in tummy time. It's not his favorite, but we try to get him excited about it. Great success, as you can see here. = \
Here's Luke bundled up to go to Sandra's Friday morning. This may be my new favorite picture. How adorable is he?
Lastly, our big boy holding himself up in his Bumbo seat! So strong!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
1. Gratuitous hooded towel picture, because how cute are these? I think Brooke Shields might agree that people have babies not only for German engineering, but also for hooded towels. (If you haven't seen the latest Volkswagen commercials, you will have no idea what I'm saying.)
2. Luke is starting to get fat rolls, and they are awesome. Here he is pre-bath. Luke's bringing sexy back.
The little pumpkin is officially three months old tomorrow! Stay tuned for new pictures soon...