Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Kate is 11 Months Old!

I cannot BELIEVE how quickly time flies. I'm sure that's cliche at this point, since I imagine I write that in each post. But I feel like I blinked at the hospital last April, and now we are less than a month away from this little doll turning 1!


Poor little kitty Kate had a double ear infection last week, so we were able to find out that she weighs 21 lbs and 8 oz. She is a healthy girl! 


Here's a little bit about Kate right now: 

1. She is ALL about mama. I am her favorite. She loves for me to hold her. When I do, she loves to stroke - and, well, tug on - my hair. Her smile when I pick her up from day care absolutely melts my heart. That said, there are times when her clinginess is annoying, but as my teenage girl students are quick to remind me, when she's their age, she'll hate me. Ouch. This helps me keep her mommy obsession in perspective. :)

2. She hasn't met a food she doesn't like. It's CRAZY. She eats meat out of the jar...! I view this with a strange combination of pride and disgust. I hope she will always be this open minded about foods since big brother sure isn't! 

3. She is BUSY. She has never met a laundry basket of folded clothes that she hasn't "helped." It's like, "You want this emptied on the floor, right?" Her toys are for the birds, but remote controls, phones, keys, her brother's toys, her dog's food? Yes, please. :)

4. She's becoming more handsy. For the first time, she has taken off her eye patch, and she's playing much more defense when we put her contact in. I'm not sure what we are going to do about removing and inserting her contact lens when she stops having a bottle...! That's a worry for another day. 

5. Her hair has grown a ton! She can rock an itty bitty ponytail and has beautiful curls. 

Here are some pictures... 




Things sure are busy with this little girl, but we wouldn't have it any other way! 

No comments: