Tuesday, October 28, 2014

18 Months Old

Oh Katherine Anne... how in the world are you already 18 months old? You're growing up way too fast! 

You are all sass. It is adorable and terrifying all at the same time. 




You think your big brother is the coolest. He's warming up to you, too, in his own way and in his time.  

You are my shopping buddy. You prefer to ride in a shopping cart as if it's a chariot. Also, you love to accessorize. You carry purses just about all the time. Even if we're home, you want to have a bag on your arm, and lots of times, you'll put one on, look at me, and say, "Go!" 



Your hair is growing like crazy! I love putting it in pigtails and ponytails. You are constantly on the go, so it isn't too easy to fix your hair, but I do my best. 

Other than bananas*, you haven't met a food you don't like. One of your favorite parts of spaghetti Sunday is Caesar salad and croutons. 

You had your first sucker when I went to the bank the other day. It was one of the highlights of your young life. 

I cannot take my eyes off of you - not only because you're adorable, but primarily because YOU HAVE NO FEAR. You've grown to love climbing - onto and off of objects, into and out of the doggy door... 

...the dishwasher is another favorite.

More accessorizing... 

You gave me quite a scare the other day when you tripped (on your own busy feet) and cut your lip! Eeek! 

We headed to urgent care, where you ran around like the Tasmanian devil and continued climbing and acting a fool. Girl - you wear me out! :) I think your daddy is right that you are going to be the first of our kids to break a bone. You are fearless... and maybe sometimes a little senseless. : \

Your favorites right now...

  • Special Agent Oso
  • ELMO. Good Lord do you love that little red monster
  • Playing "boo" (peek-a-boo)
  • Twirling your hair 
  • Fruit and yogurt pouches. If I let you, you would eat these all day long 
  • NNNNNNN-NACKS! (snacks. Some things never change)
  • Your Honey. You sure do love it when you get to see her!
  • Emptying cabinets and drawers :)
  • Playing with Hannah's food and water bowls. (It's not my favorite of your favorites.)
  • Pushing around anything you can: your toy stroller, laundry baskets, chairs, hampers
  • Building towers with Luke's old mega blocks 


Kate, there are no dull moments whenever you're around, that's for sure! You can make me pull my hair out one minute, and then smile at me the next and melt my heart. Our family just wouldn't be the same without our little Kitty Kate. 

No comments: