Saturday, May 3, 2014

Easter Fun

Easter was so late this year - it didn't seem like it would ever get here. We had school on Good Friday because of all of our inclement weather this year, so the kids' amazing, incredible, awesome preschool had plenty of festivities, including egg hunts! 


Kate is the lone one-year-old in her room, so she had quite the unfair advantage in that egg hunt. Thankfully she didn't behave too horrifically. :) 


Luke's class had an egg hunt, too. Here is Luke with Miss Sue... y'all, God bless her. Luke keeps her BUSY BUSY BUSY. 

For giggles, I had to put Kate in the same bunny suit Luke wore at his first Easter. He was maybe 7 months old, and she is over a year old when she wears it. Pretty cute! (Check out pictures of Luke in the same suit here.) 

One of Luke's favorite episodes of Special Agent Oso is "Dye Another Egg," so he was way excited to finally dye Easter eggs. He was very helpful... 


...but his curiosity about the eggs got the best of him, and some of the eggs got smashed. :P 

Next, we did one of our favorite traditions (well, a tradition that began a year ago, I suppose): hunting eggs in the back yard! 





When it was time for Easter Sunday, we got dressed in our finest. I couldn't wait to put Kate in this beautiful dress from her Aunt Megan!

As for the quality of our family pictures before church? Well, we tried. :)



After some tears... 


My handsome boys. 


And the essence of Kate Roberts. One second, she is NOT having it... 
...and the next she is all, "Why yes, I am totally fine with wearing bunny ears." I don't know, you guys. 


After a delicious lunch at Honey and Grand's, we headed for an egg hunt with all of our cousins at Granny's. Jackie and Becca's blogs did a beautiful job of getting pictures of all the kids - here are just a few focusing on mine. :)

I changed Kate's dress after church, as I was traumatized from some Nilla Wafer remains that were in the ruffles. (No worries - they came out in the wash. :D)

The whole fam on our first Easter as a team of four! :)

I serve a risen Savior
  He’s in the world today.
I know that He is living,
  Whatever men may say.
I see His hand of mercy;
  I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him
  He’s always near. He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life’s narrow way.
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
    He lives within my heart.



Happy Easter! 

No comments: