Saturday, February 9, 2013

Update from Yesterday's Appointment

Hello there! I wanted to post an update on how my appointment went yesterday! 


In short: Baby Girl looks GREAT! She also looks BIG... based on the sonogram, she measures 11 days ahead of her estimated due date. She weighs 3 lbs and 15 oz...! No wonder I've felt so big, tired, and uncomfortable: I've got nearly four pounds of baby in my belly! Before the sonogram began, the tech asked if I was feeling plenty of movement. I said YES, she is quite a mover and a shaker. It was maybe 15 seconds into the exam that the sonogram tech said, "You aren't kidding! She's like 'catch me if you can.'" Trouble ahead, y'all. =D 

But she looks awesome. It was fun to see her little chest move up and down as she practices breathing. Not surprisingly given her bigness, she has some chubby cheeks! My OB is thrilled with how good things look. I visit again in two weeks, and then I will begin weekly appointments after that. I'll have sonograms at all of them because of my advanced maternal age... but I don't mind that less-than-lovely label if it means I get more peeks at this sweet (not-so-)little mover and shaker!


No comments: