Saturday, December 15, 2012

Eubanks Christmas in Caldwell

For the first time in several years, we hit the road to Caldwell to see the Eubanks family at the annual Christmas celebration. To be honest, I can't tell you why it's been so long... I know one year we were planning to go and Luke got sick, and the other, who knows. But in 2012 we resolved that we would hit the road unless there was some unmitigated disaster... and thankfully, we were disaster-free! :)


So first thing's first: I have to tell you, Luke is the best traveler ever. He is the best sport in the world on road trips. Even as a baby, he was a mellow fellow in the car seat. We are already preparing for little sister to be a fuss bucket in the car, because we have been very spoiled for the past 4+ years! 

We made our traditional stop at the Valero in Waco, where Luke picked out a snack - Ritz Bitz (because heaven forbid our monkey NOT eat a beige carbohydrate). 


About 90 minutes later, we were in Caldwell. To my Eubanks relatives, I have to apologize, because I really didn't get many pictures. I mostly got Luke and JD playing outside. We were eagerly hoping Luke would climb a tree... he seemed into it, but no dice.

JD thoroughly enjoyed throwing the ball around... 
...so much so that he worked up quite an appetite for some chocolate cake. 


We had such a great time catching up with family. I got to see (and yes, a list is coming) my Aunt Julie, Uncle Ray, cousin Susan; Uncle Don, Aunt Cynthia, cousin Kelly, her husband Randy and there five gorgeous kids Jessica, Beth, Nathan, Mark, and Nicholas  (that were little like yesterday, but evidently all of them are now in high school and college??? Time flies), cousin Kristen and her son Cody; Uncle Harold, Aunt Jo, and cousin Hadley (a junior in high school who, again, was in diapers yesterday, it seems); and fabulous hosts Uncle Charlie, Aunt Julie, cousin Lauren, and her boyfriend (and Tony Romo look-alike) Kyle. (And oh yeah: I saw my parents, my brother Johnny, sis-in-law Jackie and nephew JD.) We missed everyone who wasn't there! 

Big shout out to my Uncle Charlie, who made so much barbecue, and it was SO GOOD. We really hope to see him on BBQ Pitmasters one day. Ribs, brisket, chicken... name a meat, he made it, and it was awesome (not to mention some cheesy potatoes that frankly, I wanted to be alone with. I don't care how weird that sounds; if loving potatoes is wrong, I don't want to be right). SO GREAT! 

After what felt like a whirlwind visit, it was time to hit the road and return home. Before we did, Jackie wanted to get a picture of the boys together, and this gem resulted. I think it is the best picture ever; don't you? : )

Can't wait for the 2013 Eubanks Christmas - we had a blast this year!

No comments: