Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Great Wolf Lodge

Hello everyone! Well, I am back at work, so the leisurely days of summer, apparently like those under 100 degrees, are gone. I thought I'd take a quick bit to post about our quick trip to Great Wolf Lodge! We went with our friends the Colvins and the Blunts, and we had a fantastic time! I highly recommend this place for kids. Luke had a great time...


...but you can't totally tell because I didn't take many pictures. I know, I know - but, in my defense, I didn't want our digital camera destroyed by the buckets of water that ambushed me at every turn in the pool area! So this is the best I have. Next time we go, I'll be sure to buy one of those waterproof disposable cameras!

This picture, believe it or not, was on our way to the lodge.


On the right, you'll see the green water slides we started off with. Luke really loved these, until he checked out and gained interest in...


The big yellow slides. Believe me, friends: in a two day period, Luke went on this over, and over, and over again. Case in point...


...he could not be bothered with this "waiting in line" thing. (Don't worry; Jeremy and I held him and made sure he followed the rules, much to his annoyance.)


"But I want to go back on that slide!!!"


However, we were able to persuade Luke that he needed a nap. Sliding makes a boy tired!


Luke was tickled to death (heck, who am I kidding - so were his parents) by the Deal or No Deal arcade game. We won LOTS of tickets on that one! (Now how much it cost to win those tickets? Well, let's just say the Lodge ain't cheap, my friends.)


Here are all the precious kiddos waiting on story time. (Left to right: Beckham, almost 3; Judson - peeking around his sister - will be 4 in January; Caroline is 1; and there's my Lukie, who is apparently bored.)


Even at bedtime, Luke wanted to leave the room to have more fun! (This, by the way, is the fun that having a kid in the 90th percentile on height will get you. Luke was a flight risk BEFORE he could open doors. Now... yikes!)


We had a fabulous time with wonderful friends! It was a great way to say goodbye to summer! Tomorrow my big boy will start at his new day care. Please say a prayer for him... and me. And my mom. Something tells me it'll be harder on us than it will be on him!

No comments: