Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer Shenanigans

There's no real theme for this post other than "pictures that do not fall in the following categories: staycation or Kate monthly pics." I guess this is just a "my kids are cute and awesome, so you should look at them" post. :D

Behold their overwhelmingly awesome cuteness! 


This one is from a weekend. Since I always take the longest to get ready, I start the showering process first. The rest of the team decided to hang out on the bed. Yes, even Hannah, our little sentinel. : )


This is just a cute picture of Kate before church. Love seeing so many sweet smiles! 

Luke had two weeks of day camp in July, and because we were off from 12-1 each of these days for lunch, he got LOTS of Happy Meals. He was, in fact, a very happy boy! 

Oh, this one? Well this is from the day he ASKED to paint. So cool, we got out the watercolors. He got more on his face than on the paper. I don't know, y'all. 

In case you're wondering, Kate has it better than just about anyone in the world. It's perfectly okay for her to sleep 14 hours a day, and chunky thighs are CUTE on her. She's living the dream! 

Enjoying her new jumparoo - she's still not totally big enough for it, so her stints are short, but she enjoys checking things out! 

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it." 

This is a quote from the film We Bought a Zoo, but I felt similarly INSANELY courageous when I took both kids BY MYSELF to Kohls. (Small steps, you guys.) After Luke had to potty and I all but origami'd all of us in there, Luke provided this PRECIOUS Kodak moment. My sweet helper! 


Finally, Luke and I are Target buddies. Lots of times, I will get him something to play with at the start of our trip that I don't necessarily plan to buy him; I just want to keep him occupied. Well this time it was a stuffed Captain America doll. He would not part with it! I showed it to him, asked, "Who's this?" and got a hearty "Captain AMERRRRRRRRRICA!" 
Yeah... I didn't put him back on the shelf after that! How could I? So, if you are looking for Captain America, he now lives in Luke's room. : )

It's been a long summer since I've been home since April with the kids. I had concerns about going crazy and/or getting cabin fever, but in all honesty, I've had the very best time with my babies! I know returning to work is going to be VERY difficult, but at least I can say that I've made the most of my time with my little pumpkins!

No comments: