Friday, August 14, 2009

O-R-E-Noooooooooo!

Luke's interest in baby food has been fading, so I've been trying out "big people" food with him. We've had great success with french fries (duh), Nilla Wafers, and, to a small extent, breads. I'm baffled by two things I love that he has not cared for: mac and cheese and Oreos.

At first, he gives the tiny Oreo a chance. "Hey, this seems cool," his little face seems to say...

...but a quick feel of the unfamiliar texture, and it's rejection time.
So Oreos are more like Ore-Nos to Luke, but he quickly realizes that unlike the skin-toned Nilla Wafers, these cookies make a cool mess...
"Hey Mom, check this out!" (and check out his big ole hands!)
So that was last night's dinner. He ate a few bites of some reliable favorites, and, as per usual, got ticked off at being in his chair.
From there, I carried him upstairs and started his bath. I even cleaned Oreo out of his little belly button. Think I may wait a while before I try those again! Post-bath, Luke climbed 11 of our 16 stairs....! I wanted to get a picture of that, but the camera was not at hand, and I didn't want to risk him falling down 11 stairs while I was fetching it.
Off to accomplish as much as possible in my last 2.5 days of summer vacation. : ( Have a great weekend, everybody!

No comments: