Monday, July 6, 2009

10 months old... where does the time go?

My little monkey is already ten months old! I can hardly believe it. It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was holding that quiet, tranquil little bundle in my arms at the hospital.

This is Luke at about 15 minutes old here. Awwww!
Now? Well that little bundle isn't so quiet. Or little. Or tranquil. He is BUSY. Let me tell you, packing a house up to move with Luke around is next to impossible. Luke wants to "help," you see. He wants to "help" with the boxes. He wants to "help" with the packing paper. Kind of like he wants to "help" with the remote when we watch TV, and how he wants to "help" with the buttons when I'm on my cell phone. You get the idea. Luckily, we got some help (note the lack of ironic quotes) from his Grandpa and Grandma yesterday, who came to town from Tyler to watch Luke while Jeremy and I emptied the attic and did some more packing. Thank God for their visit! We got a lot done, and they got to spend some quality time with Luke. Win-win-win. Thanks, Pete and Donna!
Here are some pictures from this month, beginning with the 4th of July festivities at the Humphrey house. Here's my little patriot:

Just have to include pictures of Luke's newest cousins, twins Jordan (red shirt) and Nathan (blue shirt), who are five months old:

And some of Luke's ten-month pictures - a couple with his bear in his chair and one reading Go Dog, Go! with Dad. (A nod to Cathy Tenner, who got this book for Luke and is the book's biggest champion.)


I love how serious he looks in the pic above.


In closing: I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday with friends and loved ones. Every day, I become increasingly thankful for my precious little Luke, Jeremy, my family, friends, and blessings. Thanks for reading this blog to share in that, and I hope this finds all of you enjoying your blessings, too.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Cute pics! Thanks for the shout out to my babies! We can't wait to see Luke, Jordan, and Nathan grow up together. :) Love ya'll! I still can't get over how precious Luke's curly hair is.

The Tenner Family said...

Woo-hoo! Go, Dog. Go! really IS THE best book out there! It's so worth it for that dadgum totally awesome dog party at the end. Who can't love a dog party with cannons, a trampoline, cake and party hats?!

He is Adorable!!!