Thursday, June 18, 2009

Scenes from Staycation

Luke sports the official Staycation shirt.


Just call me Charles Gibson, because I'm about to bring some news: the economy stinks! Because of this, the Eubanks family decided to skip a super big vacation and opt for a staycation!! (Get it?) So, the Featherstons, Griffiths, Renshaws, Eubankses, and Robertses convened at Mom/Honey and Dad/Grand's house for a little poolside cruise this past weekend. While we missed the amenities of a real cruise (maids, little towel animals waiting for us in our cabins, and not having to prepare any food ourselves), we still managed to have a great time. We made t-shirts. We ate and drank heartily. We even had a pool olympics. As is always the case when we all get together, we had an absolutely wonderful time.

In hindsight, I really didn't take very many pictures of anyone that was over the age of 10. For me, it was kind of all about how Luke interacted with Sophie (7) and Tessa (21 months). Not surprisingly, he adored both of them.


I'm not feeling very articulate or thorough, so I'll just include some pics. Happy weekend, everyone!

Tessa gets pool ready.

Luke and Tessa (literally) kick it in the crib.

"I got Dad's hat! I got Dad's hat!"
Tessa gets a little dirty...

Luke and Grand watch the Pool Olympics...
Luke prepares for the 2030 NBA Draft.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Granny told us all about your "staycation." What a great idea! Looks like ya'll had fun!!